So this is grad school. Part 2....

This is beautiful, trust me...

PROF'S REPONSE AFTER READING:

Haha! I had quite a few laughs reading your post.
But to elaborate on the title of the journal since I was a part of that discussion, it's called Huizache (the Spanish version of huisache) because it's considered a weed tree. People are always trying to get rid of them, yet they insist on taking root. It's a metaphor for the voices in our journal, primarily Mexican American voices that often get rejected elsewhere. Or, think of it like this, most journals will carry 1 or 2 brown voices, quota filled. I once got rejected from a journal because two Lopezes happened to submit at the same time and they liked the other Lopez story better. I am not kidding. So we decided to reverse the ratio in our magazine, to give a field for the huizaches of the writing world to take root.

So here's to the WEE satch of the writing world! Live long and prosper my friends...

Comments

Top Views (This Week)

Shiner church celebrates centennial Sunday